So progress on “The Yii Book” in the past month has not gone as well as I would have liked. And, sadly, progress has been poor for no particular reason other than my own ability to get things done. These things do happen to us all, but it doesn’t mean I’m happy about. Still, even though it’s been slow, progress is being made. A quick status report…
I did some changing around of the table of contents. These are just changes that came organically as the book progressed. I did not drop the modules chapter, but I originally had one chapter on using extensions, one on modules (writing and using), and one on writing extensions. It just made more sense to do one chapter on using extensions (including modules) and one on writing extensions (including modules). So there’s that. And I changed the order of the other chapters in Part 3 a bit.
I’m almost done with Chapters 15, “Internationalization”, and 16, “Leaving the Browser”. I was almost done like two weeks ago, and now I’m still almost done. It’s been that kind of month! But I’m close, and they’ll go to the tech editors soon, and then I’ll do an update.
For the next X amount of time, I’m going to keep working hard on this, getting the first electronic edition done as soon as possible, without compromising the quality.
Also, I think I’ve got a handle on how to do a print run, and I’ll address that once this ebook is complete. The same goes for translations. Thanks to those that have expressed an interest in doing, or buying, a translation.
So there’s that. I’m going back to writing and working on getting this done!