Welcome to the companion Web site for the first edition of the book PHP Advanced for the World Wide Web: Visual QuickPro Guide, written by Larry Ullman and published by Peachpit Press. This page is specifically for the book’s first edition, published in December 2001 (ISBN 0-201-77597-2). The second edition was published in February 2007 (ISBN 0-321-37601-3). If you are using the second edition of the book, you should go to that page. Note that the first edition is horribly outdated by now and you really should be using a more current edition, if at all possible.
Beside the handful of pages dedicated to this edition of this book, there’s plenty of other content on LarryUllman.com that you might be interested in. Use the “Post Categories” links above to browse by general topic.
You can download the code for the book using the link below. If you have any questions or problems, I’d recommend using the book’s corresponding support forum, where you’ll get the fastest answer.
Every script in the text is available here to be downloaded. Some things you should know:
- Although these scripts are named or numbered as they are in the book, they do include any updates and changes as warranted by errors that were found after publication. Thus, if you are having problems with a particular script, download the most current version here or check the errata section.
- The URLs as referenced in the book (e.g. http://www.DMCinsights.com/php/hello.php) are not available for execution online.
- These are the scripts for the FIRST EDITION of the book. If you are using a different edition, click the appropriate link above to find the correct page.
- These scripts have been formatted with line breaks that will work on most systems running most text editors. If you have difficulty opening a script, try:
- adjusting the way your text editor treats text files
- using a different text editor, if possible
- posting a message to the online forum, asking for help
Complete Set of Scripts and SQL Commands
phpvqp_scripts.zip (94 KB, last modified 06/04/2007)