For many of my books, bonus content is made available through the publisher. Sometimes this is material that was intended for the book but had to be cut, such as an appendix or a chapter, and sometimes the material is a true bonus, such as a video screencast. Because it’s not clear for everyone how to access this bonus material, I thought I’d quickly post instructions here.
- Head to Peachpit.com (almost all of my books are published by Peachpit Press)
- Click on Account Sign In at the top of the page.
- If you don’t already have an account with Peachpit.com, click the Create a new one… link to register.
- After you have registered, login.
- On your account page (after logging in), click Registered Products.
- On the Registered Products tab, click Register Another Product.
- Follow the instructions to register the book.
- Return to the Registered Products page.
- For the book in question, click the Access Bonus Content link. That will take you to a page with all the bonus content for a given book.
Besides being able to access bonus content, there are other benefits to registering at Peachpit’s site. And while you’re there, you can also check out my author page, which lists the books I’ve written for Peachpit, the articles I’ve published there, and the blog postings I’ve published there. Both the articles and blog postings are viewable without registration or logging in.
I hope that helps anyone having trouble finding the material they’re looking for.