Home > Newsletter, Blog, and Other Topics > Topic

Tabular Input

Posted by amira.g 
This forum is now read only. You can not log in or make any changes. Please use the new forum linked above.
As of March 14, 2011, this forum has been replaced and is permanently set to read-only mode. This means you can view any existing post but cannot open new posts or reply to existing ones. The new forum is located athttp://www.larryullman.com/forums/If you need to post a message, you'll need to register there. If you have to post in order to follow up on a thread started here, well, that's going to be a bit of a pain. I would recommend just posting the appropriate information, or copying the original text from here, or linking to your thread here. I apologize for the inconvenience but this purge will make for better forums in the long run. Thanks.
Tabular Input
March 14, 2011 07:49AM
Thank you Larry for all the information and tutorials on Yii. Very precise and useful for us newbies. I have spent days trying to make the current references on Yii "tabular input" to work for my system but to no avail. I want to create a simple Order-Items form which allows a user to input many Items per Order in one go. How do I go about doing this?
Re: Tabular Input
March 14, 2011 02:58PM
Thanks for the nice words and thanks for posting in the right forum. From what you describe, it sounds like you need to create a form that displays multiple Models. There's an example or two of this in the Yii documentation, I believe.

Best Wishes,
Larry

Writer/Web Developer/Instructor
Forum Moderator