Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Hello, friends! Thank you for viewing this post and potentially offering a more-than-welcome reply! Please kindly note that I am wondering how I would import a database on my Windows desktop into mysql. One of the questions I have concerning this is how do I reference the absolute path to the file on my Windows desktop--in the command line-- when it has spaces in it (i.e., C:\Documents and Settings\AngelsonEarth\Desktop)? Please be so kind as to help me find a way to import the database create files (from a tutorial I'm viewing) into Mysql. Thank you so much for your time and consideration! You have all been amazing thus far and I'm eternally grateful for all of the wonderful feedback!

Thank you for the kind advice. I have learned that programming on the Windows command line is on a lower level, I believe, which is closer to the operating system. Therefore, I'd need to back up a lot of files if I were to have the courage to work on that level. PhpMyAdmin, I believe, is more exclusive to the PHP and mySQL components, so there is less risk. Thank you for the great advice of working in phpMyAdmin, friends!

Well, to be clear, you're not "programming" when using the command line MySQL client, so you really don't need to back up anything prior to doing that. phpMyAdmin is just a web-based graphical interface alternative to the command line client.