Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Ecommerce Chapter?

Edward

Larry how are you doing? I was wondering when will the ecommerce chapter be coming out, i am starting to recode some parts of my website and would really love to see some of your examples before i go possibly down the wrong tracks.

I don't know about you or other guys around here but sometimes i get really bored looking at the same code every day, i took about a week and a half off and now have just started back up.

I will be changing some of my main site pages to work with ajax only and obviously run PHP server validation for a final confirmation. But unfortanetly with the complexity of the page i need to work on the Yii Ajax Validation will quite frankly not cut it, so i will need to write all the code myself. The good thing is that i can use the server model validations for the specific data which will save some time.

There is progressive enhance but for complex sites like eBay just forget about using it if you don't have Javascript because it won't work. Well it doesn't for me when i have JavaScript disabled or if it does for you may be you have some super computer computer that doesn't need it.

Hey Edward. Not sure when the e-commerce chapter will be out. I am doing them in order. Working on Ch 20 (third-party libraries) now, and plan on having it and Ch 21 out this month. 

Wishing you continued success with your project!

Yeah it may take another year and a half to finish, there is still a ton of work to be done on it. I saw one website similar to that was up and 5 times worse without the care and details i have and there were 14 people working on it. I am starting to believe that i may be a super genius working on mine alone. If i was in that other company i would of kicked their asses for making such a mess like that.

It could be that already know what you will publish in the ecommerce chapter but i am certainly eager to find out.

• 3 months later...

i guess a lot of people are waiting for that chapter since your the alltime grandmaster ecommerce guru around. i just hope the chapter will me all Yii or mostly Yii and not some implementation of third party magento or some other whatnot ecommerce frameworks.