Larry Ullman's Book Forums

If you think about it, having the same primary key for two tables is bad design because you could just as easily combine the two tables, as the data associated with the primary keys in both tables would still be unique to each primary key in one table.

As such, if you find that you're using the same exact primary keys for two tables, you should combine them.

That make sense?

Hey, it's all good.

I noticed that you live in Nanaimo, BC. That's pretty cool.

I was thinking about maybe moving the family out to Vancouver someday.

There a lot of good web dev opportunities out there for people that know PHP/MySQL and JavaScript really well?

Thanks.

Heya,

I'm not sure but I would imagine that there is a lot of opportunity.  Check out CraigsList. 

Also of course there is the "virtual office" situation.  So many times I've contracted design and programming out to people I've never met face to face.

Vancouver is real expensive though.  Nanaimo, even Victoria, much less so.  Love it here  It's wonderful having the mountains and the sea.  We had a pod of killler whales in Departure Bay (Nanaimo) twice already this year. If you google it I'm sure you'll see the pictures.  Such an incredible thing to see.

Let me know if you need any info on BC!

Steve