Problem: Using the script from the book my version is failing when it comes to submitting the edits.
I took the script from the book and made small modifications for my own application - the changes were purely things like database name, field names etc.
When the script I typed out failed I took the original downloaded script and merely modified it to suit my application but it still failed.
The error message is
Could update the entry because: . The query was UPDATE link_problems SET description='Please add as much description as you can about the problem you noticed', url_problem='Destination' WHERE ID=17.
Note that there is no mysql error in the feedback.
What is the best way to troubleshoot a problem like this where the script fails on the submit. I assume the problem is at my end and that there is something wrong with the either my setup or the minor changes I made to the script but I'm unclear how to troubleshoot.
NOTE: The word "not" is missing in the feedback message in the original script(download version). FYI, although I assume this was corrected in later editions.